<VV> Door Speakers (cutting the door panel ?)

Chris & Bill Strickland lechevrier at earthlink.net
Fri Jan 27 20:17:01 EST 2006

Frank DuVal wrote:

> OK, no one answered the question yet. You cut the holes to let the
> high frequency out. The bass and mid range will penetrate the
> cardboard and vinyl with minor degredation. the highs will be
> non-existance.

at our age, we (most) should get a hearing test to establish a baseline
in case we start to notice a more severe loss, hmmm -- and once it is
tested, then we can see if high freq speakers are even required for
anything besides ego?

so I can bury the base and mid-range under the upholstery somewhere and
use a couple, say, avincar 1" tweeters, hidden in the stock speaker
location or elsewhere and don't need the holes in the solid panels ...
   http://avincar.com/avincar_speakers.html

Thanks, Frank,

Bill