<VV> Strange power loss problem

Keith Onchuck keitho64 at yahoo.com
Fri Jan 27 21:09:08 EST 2006

OK looking for a little more advice.  I replaced the
plugs, cap rotor, wires, points, condensor, coil and
the problem still exists.  Lets just say I took the
shotgun approach on the ignition system since I
haven't done anything in 9 years.  The timing is on, I
have cleaned the advance weights to ensure that is
working and the vacuum advance is working.  I am going
to run a compression test next.  Is it possible for
the cam gear to have slipped enough to cause a
problem?  I think my diagnostic skills are suffering
since the car has been running so good for so long.

The only other possibility I see is blockage in the
fuel delivery system.

If you have any other ideas or see areas that I missed
I am all ears.

Sorry if I sound like I am rambling but I am very
confused about what is wrong.

Keith