<VV> Re: my take on lighting my vairs..

N2VZD at aol.com N2VZD at aol.com
Sat Jan 28 04:13:28 EST 2006

thanks for the light bulb site , but i wish they indicated the candle power
somehow.
i have used a relay type flasher  for many years in all of my cars. they
handle any loads and have a nice loud "click" so you dont leave them on too long.
they are in a clear plastic case so you see the relay in them. i will try to
find the part number later. i got mine at n a p a of course(they are right next
door to my old business). my headlights are 4537   12 volt aircraft landing
lights. i have had them since 1965 and they are very bright , hard on dimmer
switch , so you should use a relay, with a heavy feed wire from the battery
(thru a circuit breaker) . i think the pictures have been on the website for a
long time.  they look good and work good. technically in ny state any headlight
bulb without aiming pads on them do not pass inspection...  i am still working
on tail lights for the rampy and van that will be brighter than the led's i
run now.  if your dimmer switch gets hot put a relay in.
my take on lighting..
regards, tim colson