<VV> Activity in 'Toona Town

peter koehler pkoehler01 at atlanticbb.net
Mon Jan 30 07:06:48 EST 2006

Here's my three cents as far as who is doing what in VV.
Currently have three projects going at once (not smart -
but normal for me): A 2000 Chevy Silverado tow vehicle; a
1974 Camaro Woodward Cruiser and finally, a 1964 Monza
sedan. The Silverado was crashed when new and is just now
getting back on the road. Seems the only  original piece
of sheet metal on the truck is the tailgate! It went
upside down so I had to change the cab as well as
everything else. Was it worth it? New trucks and even
semi-used ones are expensive. This one will never be sold
due to it's "dirty" title status. But it will haul a
Corvair hauling trailer all over the country! The Camaro
is a Z28 clone that made the scene last August in Detroit
at the Woodward Dream Cruise. My son loves it. He says,
"Dad, this car goes sideways!" No, I don't want to know
how he figured that one out. What I am doing now is taking
apart a 12 second street fighter and making it calm enough
for an old fart like me to enjoy. A rusty '75 Camaro is
going to donate its organs (350/350 and a rear gear that
is less than 4.11) to make the white Camaro a boulevard
cruiser. The final project in this trilogy is a 1964 Monza
sedan that had a 140 - 4 speed and front disc brakes.
There are several Spyder bits including a working dash. I
was thinking about making a "prototype" Spyder Sport Sedan
by dropping in a nice 150 turbo engine. That idea is on
hold as I am working on putting a reliable 95 HP engine
in. I will retain the 4 speed - even put a quick shift kit
in but the front disc brakes are coming out. Anybody on
the list interested? I will replace them with drums and
while I'm at it I found a pair of aftermarket quick
steering arms that I'll install. Actually, I found two
pair of these arms as I continue to "clean up my act" in
the garage here and the storage facility back in Michigan.
The '64 will be a driver for club events as it is rusty,
but solid enough to enjoy. Corvairs are best when driven.
Don't you agree? - Caveman Pete