<VV>e-Bay cars (and everything for that matter)

Padgett pp2 at 6007.us
Mon Jan 30 12:06:30 EST 2006

>Good luck in your hunt.......right now Ebay has approx 13 LM's   with over
>half under $1,000......without reserves...most closer to you...some look
>decent...

Just an observation: pictures on e-Bay can hide *anything*. Unless you or
someone you know (and there are CORSA members about everywhere) can inspect
the item , what you get may not be what you thought.

Further there are transportation costs to be considered and gas is not
cheap. When I bought my car in Maryland, part of the consideration was the
ability to get a cut-rate airline ticket there and a surprisingly
inexpensive ride on the Auto-Train home (an adventure in itself). Less than
100 miles driven and half within range of my AAA plan.

Frankly, I still think of my Corvair as a local car and have a number of
others that are better suited to long distance cruising with no-notice or
preparation needed. Once I have a known good engine and can reduce the revs
a bit at highway speeds this may change but right now that means Florida
only and I would be even more concerned about an unknown car.

Just an aside bit it seems amazing how little many e-Bay sellers will admit
to knowing about their cars particularly about condition. Caveat y'all.

Padgett