<VV> FC taillight lenses - I need a decent pair, plus project updates

EVERETT WILSON aircooled6 at prodigy.net
Mon Jan 30 12:09:37 EST 2006

The taillight lenses on my 64 Brier are in sad shape
(all crackly looking after 42 years of south texas
heat) and Im hoping that perhaps there are a couple of
folks out there that might have 1 or 2 non-crackly
versions sitting on a shelf collecting dust that they
might part with for a reasonable fee.

This is my daily driver/pizza delivering vehicle which
looks nice, so I would like the lights to look decent
as well.

Meanwhile, I changed out the voltage regulator on
saturday (its alternator equipped) and the headlights
stopped pulsating, so that was good.

The bearing noises I had previously described on the
list have all gone away after changing out the front
wheel bearings and it now rolls silently.   Well,
perhaps less noisily would be a better description.

The engine was running pretty well, but still not
quite "right".  So I put in a pertronix unit I had
sitting on the shelf, tinkered a bit and it is much
smoother now. ('64 truck 110/PG with smogger heads)

It runs nicely on 87 pump gas, although I have now
advanced the timing past the scale (Im estimating it
is set at 20 BTDC at the moment) and it has been
getting smoother and more perky with each adjustment.
It appears to be a 110 distributor, but I have not
determined the curve it has yet.  The mark advances
when the engine speeds up, so the mechanical advance
is working.  The VA is also moving, although not as
much as I think it should.  I plan to compare it to
the others I have to see if I need to make any
adjustments to that.  The engine does not ping at all,
although very occasionally it will diesel on shut
down.  I suspect that is due to the idle adjustment
that I havent quite got correct yet.

Overall, I am just enjoying the heck out of driving it
and now I want a Rampside to go with it!!  (No $$ for
that at the moment, though)

I used to think I got a lot of waves and comments when
I drove my 67 4 door around.  Wow.  A shiny and clean
Brier is a major attention getter!  Oh, the P.O. did a
paint scheme of off-white with a tan stripe.  It isnt
stock, but it  looks really nice.   Im also working on
the interior as it needs a lot of cleaning and the
upholstery is all dried out and needs to be replaced.
Its a base model, so no vinyl side panels or anything.
Some spray paint to clean up the side walls a bit and
some Seat Covers will have to do for now, but
someday.......

Everett Wilson
North Richland Hills TX