<VV> Re: LED taillights

Bucketboss at aol.com Bucketboss at aol.com
Mon Jan 30 15:51:26 EST 2006

>>>SNIP

There really should be another diode on the tail light side to prevent
back driving the light circuit.

...what he said... and the LED as well as that poor 10 ohm,  10 watt resistor
is going to take a beating when the brakes are on @ 1.1 amp
draw.....momentarily.

Those are some wicked looking LEDs (on the website). Check me if I'm wrong,
but from what I gather,  the designed MAXIMUM current for the  LXHL-LD3C star
is 350ma. nominal and 385ma. peak.

With the brakes on,  that 1.1 AMPs would/should cook the resistor and  LED.
Shouldn't it be say 33 ohms minimum STOP/TURN (brightest) to ground  and say
another 33 ohms to the tail circuit. You still need a resistor  wattage (for the
grounded one) in the heating element range.

Dave Fierek