<VV> Starter issues

Ryan Verthein daretocorvair at yahoo.com
Tue Jan 31 16:54:09 EST 2006

I put a battery in my car today.  I still don't have a
balancer, but I wanted to crank it just to see what
would happen.  i was not very happy with the results.
I have a non-rebuilt stock starter with a new soelnoid
on it.

When I flick the key, the drive gear engaes just long
enough to move the engine for like, a second, and then
just retracts and spins.

Why is this happening?

My dad says "Your engines probably just not limbered
up"

I don't have any spark plugs in it, so there's no
compression right now.

Thanks,
Ryan V.

P.S.  all lights, wipers, and horns work very well.

1965 Corsa/110/4
http://www.edselmotors.com/corsa.html
and http://free4allband.tripod.com/corsacorvair.html