<VV> More on the Starter Issues...

Ryan Verthein daretocorvair at yahoo.com
Tue Jan 31 18:56:17 EST 2006

Well, you guys were right, the new battery I bought
needed to be charged...but that didn't help my
problem.

I went back out just now, and it spins and spins like
a mother, but just won't engage.  Finally after about
6 quick tries, the starter engaged, and cranked the
engine for as long as I had the key on.  I tried it
again, only to have it crank for about 2 full seconds,
then disengage, and now it won't engage again.

Override Clutch???

I know nothing about starters exepc the vague idea of
how they work....

a bit disheartened,
Ryan

1965 Corsa/110/4