<VV> Cigar Lighter Wiring?

Tim Verthein minoxphotographer at yahoo.com
Mon Jul 3 22:18:04 EDT 2006

So, maybe I'm trying to make the obvious too complicated.....
The lighter in our '64, with the Spyder dash, has not had the lighted
hooked up since we've owned it.  With the trek to Buffalo on the
horizon the Wife is insisting I hook it up so she can charge her cell
phone, etc.

So....there's just a connector on the back of the lighter, and on the
fuse box there's a terminal marked lighter.  Is it really as simple as
just runing a wire from this terminal to the one on the lighter?  Seems
to simple. I assume that that terminal is fused somewhere in the car
already? Or do I need a power line with an inline fuse?  I know there's
12V always on at the terminal, so I'm sure it would work, but just
wondering if that's how it's suppose to be?

We'll never use the lighter itself...don't even care if it heats up,
just wanna use the handy 12V "outlet"

Tim in Bovey

===
You *can* repair a flip-flop with a capacitor!
===