<VV> Re:No Corvair Ontario Wine

kaczmarek at charter.net kaczmarek at charter.net
Wed Jul 5 11:54:54 EDT 2006

Allow me to expand on Gary's reply
Western and Central NY have grown wine grapes for many years. For those coming from NW PA and Ohio on I-79/I-90, as you cross from Erie PA into NY, look to your left, and you will see Lake Erie, and between the water and the Hwy you will see hundreds of acres of vineyards. Wine tasting spots and wineries are listed on the exit signs.  If you're coming from New England/Eastern NY on I-90,you will find wineries from Syracuse on to Buffalo. The Finger Lakes region also grows a lot of wine grapes.

For those of you flying in from the West, the approach to the Buf/Nia Int'l Airport will take you over the vineyards and the lake as you fly east and drop down to begin your final approach (90 miles out).

Hank