<VV> Electronic Ignition

Schwartz Family schwas at adelphia.net
Wed Jul 5 21:46:59 EDT 2006

I installed a Crane XR700 ignition and Crane Fireball PS20 coil on my '65 140.  Have had no luck with engine performance.  In fact, it's far worse than it ever was with breaker points.  When the secondaries are engaged nothing noticeable happens...no extra power, maybe less.  Does the electronic setup require a change to the timing?  Is there something else I need to do to make this work?  I'm about ready to return to the old points.  Anybody out there have experience?

Steve Schwartz
140 VAIR