<VV> spark plug wires

Paul Abel pbob63 at frontiernet.net
Thu Jul 6 18:27:52 EDT 2006

I took off my plug wires without marking where they go on the cap. Left
side of engine is 2, 4, 6 and the right side is1,3,5, am I correct? I
have #1 located on the cap, now where do the rest go? I know this is a
stupid question, but I'm stuck. I'm trying to start this 65 Monza sedan
110pg. It has been sitting in a dry barn for 2 or 3 years. When I first
got it home I sprayed some starting fluid in the carbs, and it started
after some cranking, started up and ran on its own.(although noisy and
rough) I didn't let it run long before shutting it off because, althoug
not much gas in the tank, It's pretty foul. I changed plugs, wires (not
sure if they're on right) cap and rotor. Installed inline fuel filter.
Tried starting it again. Now the starter cranks briefly, then stops and
just groans.(bad starter?) Anyhow, I'm not sure if wires are on right,
and if the starter is bad. Any help would be great! Oh yea, car has
37000 original miles. New gas tank was installed in '87, before sitting
for a long time before sitting in barn for 3 years after that. I realize
I should drop and service the tank, but there wasn't much gas in it. I
put in 2.5 gallons of new premium, and half a can of berryman's chem tool.

-Paul Abel-
Rochester, NY
65 Monza sedan 110pg