<VV> spark plug wires

Sethracer at aol.com Sethracer at aol.com
Thu Jul 6 18:49:08 EDT 2006

In a message dated 7/6/2006 3:28:30 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
pbob63 at frontiernet.net writes:

I took  off my plug wires without marking where they go on the cap. Left
side of  engine is 2, 4, 6 and the right side is1,3,5, am I correct?

The top cover of the motor is embossed with both the locations of each
cylinder and the firing order. You are right on your estimate of the cylinders.
2,4,6 are numbering from the back of the car on the drivers side, 1,3,5 are the
same on the passenger side. The firing order is 1,4,5,2,3,6 - As on the top
cover. If you want to find the direction of the rotation of the rotor, which
is  also the order that the wires should be loaded into the cap, pull the cap
and  rotor off. On the top of the distributor, on top of the steel stub where
the rotor sits, there is an arrow stamped into the ring, pointing in the
direction of rotation. If you truly have found where #1 is at it's firing point,
just install the other wires and off you go. PS - Mis-installed wires can
prevent the rotation of the motor when trying to start. It can also remove
eyebrows if you are standing over the motor, and actually beak internal engine
parts. - Seth Emerson