<VV> Re: [FC] smoking engine

BobHelt at aol.com BobHelt at aol.com
Fri Jul 7 13:30:37 EDT 2006

In a message dated 7/7/2006 10:04:57 AM US Mountain Standard Time,
dfamily at cecomet.net writes:

But  where do I go from here?  I guess it is either live with the problem,
quite severe yesterday, or new cylinders, piston, and rings.  Thanks for  the
information. Dennis Dorogi

Dennis,
I think that you will just have to live with it.

 I forgot to mention, that this problem can also result from the rings
aligning their gaps. (You do know that the rings do rotate around the piston?).
But this usually occurs on one piston at a time and results is a very minimum
amount of oil burning. Also oil burning will continue while running until the
rings loose the alignment. I don't know the speed of ring rotation but it must
 be very slow otherwise wear would be accelerated.
Regards,
Bob Helt