<VV> Higher Octane Fuel

P.H. Raker n556p at yahoo.com
Sun Jul 9 12:47:29 EDT 2006

> 93 octane??  Easy to say but a lot harder to find!  Impossible, in
> fact.

I guess yesterday I did the impossible.  I filled my 65 Corsa 140 with
93 octane at a Meijer Station in Cadillac, MI.  $3.20/Gallon

If you want readily available true 100 octane gas go to the nearest
general aviation airport (where the little planes fly).  There you can
probably buy the av-gas called 100LL.  It's 100 octane, leaded gas, and
typically costs $3.60 to 4.25 per gallon.  Because it contains
tetraethyl lead, it wouldn't do in Seth's new Vette, but should run
fine with no problems in any non-catalyst cars - like 'Vairs.

Phil Raker
'65 Corsa 140