<VV> Higher Octane Fuel

henry kaczmarek kaczmarek at charter.net
Sun Jul 9 19:12:35 EDT 2006

Hi Bob
This comes up from time to time.

The short answer is that you're cheating the government of taxes when you
put AV gas in a car.  If you cheat on your income taxes as most Americans
do, though they won't admit it.... it's not nearly as large a deprivation of
your cash to the government.

As long as it's going into a vehicle that is off-road (like dirt track or
other race cars that aren't ever run on the street), or a car built before
1973, technically you're aren't damaging the environment, or messing up the
02 sensor and converter.

Are you breaking the law?  Since it's something you don't have to do every
time you re-fuel---a couple times a year is more than enough--I let everyone
tend their own garden.

Hank