<VV> cleaning gas tank

Paul Abel pbob63 at frontiernet.net
Sun Jul 9 21:19:05 EDT 2006

My 65 Monza had the gas tank replaced in '88 with a new unit. The car
has been sitting inside a dry barn for the last 3 years, and in the po's
driveway for a couple before that. Car has 37,000 original miles, and is
a 110pg. My question is, is there a way to clean the tank without
removing it? I had added about 2.5 gallons to the tank with a half a can
of berryman's, in hopes of starting the car. When I first towed it home,
I sprayed some starting fluid in the carbs, put a battery in it, and it
started up and ran on it's own.(for a while). I installed an inline fuel
filter, and plan on rebuilding the carbs this week. Anyone cleaned a
tank on the car?

Thanks.

-Paul Abel-