<VV> Early Canadian Corvair will not make the trip home

peter koehler pkoehler01 at atlanticbb.net
Sun Jul 9 21:46:26 EDT 2006

Yes, I want to bring my little green 500 sedan back home
to Oshawa on "Corvair Day". Unfortunately, the situation
at work precludes me from attending any portion of the
upcoming International Corsa Convention. Two weeks ago my
employer, "The General", decided that I should pack up and
move closer to Pittsburgh. Effective July 3rd I now call
on a different group of GM dealers and need to sell this
lovely little house in Hollidaysburg and move West a
hundred or so miles. I am right in the middle of getting
this place ready for the real estate market and tomorrow
will make a decision (hopefully!) on what house I will be
purchasing. #236 Oshawa-built Corvair 500 sedan has been
sent back to Michigan where Pete Cimbala is keeping an eye
on it for me. Maybe some time in the future I will be able
to arrange a long term loan agreement with the Automotive
Museum in Oshawa and have the car on display for all to
see. This is the earliest production Corvair from the
Oshawa plant known to still exist. It would have been fun
to bring it home and visit with my Canadian friends,
especially His Honor the Mayor of Oshawa, John C.M.Gray.
Alas, maybe next time? - Caveman Pete Koehler