<VV> Higher Octane Fuel

AeroNed at aol.com AeroNed at aol.com
Mon Jul 10 01:55:27 EDT 2006

In a message dated 7/9/2006 5:53:20 P.M. Central Daylight Time,
BobHelt at aol.com writes:

'Scuse  me, but isn't it illegal to use av gas on the roads and highways
without paying the necessary taxes? And is leaded gas legal on the   highways?
Or are we suggesting it is OK to break the laws  now?

I doubt that there's a FBO (airplane gas station) that would fill your car
or even a couple of jugs unless you knew someone. I'd bet they'd get in serious
 trouble if they did that.

I remember the gas crisis of the late 70 when gas was being stolen from the
planes at the local airport. I was in the Civil Air Patrol at the time and
pulled "guard duty" several nights armed with a police radio.

Ned