<VV> A/C Wiring for early model

Geoffrey A Johnson geoffj at unm.edu
Mon Jul 10 17:37:33 EDT 2006

The wiring harness I have for the A/C for my '63 has had the Light blue
wire soldered with a jumper to the dark brown wire,  These both connect
to the fan
speed switch.  I am looking at the 62-3 Supplement and Bob's book at the
wiring diagrams.  I can not understand why someone would have done this.
Can anyone provide ideas ?  I would just assume put this all back to
stock, with exception of grounding the selenium rectifier for the  for the
headlight high speed cutout (since the car now has a alternator).
Just wondering what this might have been for????

Thanks
Geoff Johnson