<VV> A New E-bay Low!

Ken Maxwell kobramax at insightbb.com
Wed Jul 12 12:29:16 EDT 2006

Hi Guys!

An interesting item has appeared on e-bay. It is item #220006493504. It's an "NOS" 140 engine that looks like a 66 California model with smog control. The starting bid is $800. I was interested and sent an e-mail to the seller in Michigan politely asking for the engine serial number, even telling him where to find it. This is the response I received:

"Please so not ask any questions! I DO NOT have time to answer them! (His caps). If you have any questions don't bid. After you buy the engine, you can find out anything you want to know yourself."

My response:

"I was going to seriously bid on your engine. Your curt and unhelpful response has convinced me to not deal with you. THANK YOU." (My caps).

I have been buying and selling on e-bay for five years and have more than 700 positive feedbacks (zero negative). I have never had a response such as this. I don't know what this guy is thinking but I hope he gets hundreds of e-mails asking for the serial number, thereby wasting his incredibly valuable time!

Thanks for letting me vent.

Ken Maxwell
Louisville, KY
69 convertible