<VV> GM plant tour

henry kaczmarek kaczmarek at charter.net
Wed Jul 12 19:51:23 EDT 2006

JR
If you want to go to the plant first, Stay on I-190, You will pass right by
the Host Hotel, it is close to the 190 on the Northbound side.
You will pass under the Peace Bridge (crossing to Canada), and continue
along the Niagara River. Stay on 190, Once you pass the exit for NY
33(Scajaquada Expressway), you will see exits for Amherst St, Austin St,
Ontario St, and the next one will be VULCAN St.

 It's a misnomer because when  you hit the top of the ramp and turn RIGHT,
You're on Niagara St. Vulcan is at the next light, but don't turn onto it,
the Main Plant entrance is on River Rd, which Niagara St Turns Into once you
cross Vulcan St

Continue on River Rd, (the River is Still on your Left), you will pass a
couple of Bars and Social Clubs, the UAW 774 Union Hall, and then you will
see the main entrance to the plant on the right.

Distance From the Host Hotel Exit, roughly 7-8 miles.

As you turn right off the Thruway Ramp, Blow the Horn when you pass the
Graveyard--I have a dozen or so relatives in there resting quietly.

If you need help, I'll be on my cell 828-461-7565. Feel free to give me a
call if you need to.

Regards
HANK