<VV> Re: A New E-Bay Low Crate Engine

airvair airvair at richnet.net
Thu Jul 13 23:22:28 EDT 2006

An interesting side note about "replacement" crate engines, they also
had the side oil tube hole (for the fill spout on wagon/FC's) and
included a plug just in case it WASN'T used on a wagon or FC.

-Mark

LonzoVair at aol.com wrote:

> Ken,
> T0II4RX would be January 14th, not November 4th (which would be TII04RX)...
> and my P&A 30C from 1972 has this for the RX code:
>
> 1965 - Powerglide & High Performance
>         - Powerglide & High  Performance, R-10, F. C.
> 1966 - Special High Performance, Powerglide and A.I.R.
>
> Of course the Tech Guide lists this for the RX code... on page 3 of the
> "Code Numbers" section (about the 6th division from the front)... some guy named
> Bob Helt (Who the Hell is Bob Helt?... anyone remember THAT question? <g>)
> lists the following for the RX code:
>
> RX = 110 hp, AT .............. R-10 FC       1965
> RX = 140 hp, AT, AIR....... 500, Monza   1966
>
> with AIR meaning the Air Injector Reactor, a.k.a. Smog Pump.
>
> So, the block could very well be the correct one for a 66 Californy  Monza...
> but knowing this guy's lack of willingness to cooperate, who  knows...
> Hope this helps.

OOOOOPS!
And of course, 1967 140, PG, A.I.R.
Later,
Lonzo.... eyes didn't look in the '67 column...