<VV> Unusual Cold Jetting Question?

grant young gyoungwolf at earthlink.net
Fri Jul 14 12:33:41 EDT 2006

I continue to be amazed at where Corvair engines show up. The marine carbs are my favorites, but today I talked with someone who has a Corvair engine in a Snow Cat. I am going to build some performance carbs for him for his 80HP engine, but wanted to poll the more engineering inclined or experienced on our site on the jetting. He will be operating between 5000 and 10000 feet above sea level only in obviously cold conditions. While I am comfortable with the jet size reduction required for the altitude change, I am not sure what the impact of the colder denser air would be relative to mixture changes. If anyone knows, please drop me a response. We will be using improved mixture flow modifications and K&N canister style air cleaners. The engine has an FC type of installation.
Thanks
The Carbmeister

Grant Young
Wolf Enterprises