<VV> re;VV gaspedal

tom zimmermann s10birdman1966 at yahoo.com
Sun Jul 16 06:43:01 EDT 2006

hi,Jay...while none of my cars currently have carpet,I have removed several pedals to free up...there's 2 short 5/16" bolts holding the tube-bracket down,from the carpet side;; the "E" clip securing the Z-rod is accessible from underneath,remove the tunnel pan...pita a bit,but I would try taking the locknut off the shaft under the pedal first...aligning the pedal back on the shaft (splines) can be tricky...the carpet hides the bracket/bolts,don't put the carpet under the pivot tube...burn the slot you cut in the carpet w/BIC lighter to prevent fraying...I've got 6 pedal assy's out,can send a pic if you need alignment of pedal to splined shaft...Tom Z,acorns/corsa