<VV> 67 110/pg w/AC Update-Dwell

jwcorvair at aol.com jwcorvair at aol.com
Sun Jul 16 11:42:40 EDT 2006

 On my Vairs, both late and earlies, I would often need to set my gap to .012 to get the dwell in the proper range. I've always thought that this was too low, so would set my gap to .016, which gave me about 28 degrees of dwell. I've confirmed the dwell reading with other dwell meters, so it wasn't an issue with my meter. I've often wondered why the dwell would be so far off after setting the gap. Perhaps the distributer lobes were worn, but I'm not certain. Also, I have wondered if it is better to set by gap or by dwell. I think by dwell, because we are looking for the duration of the open points, but if too close, then the points may not create enough gap for a proper spark.

Joe White (62 sedan, 66 Porvair)
CORSA, RMC