<VV> Oil Problem?

Les corvair at mts.net
Sun Jul 16 21:08:05 EDT 2006

You have lots of oil pressure but it's not getting where it needs to go.
Do you have all the pushrods installed the right way around? (the end
with the oil hole on the side, goes to the head end of the engine. The
end with the oil hole on the end, goes to the lifters).

There's not much point tweaking stuff that you're not sure is broken
(ignition, carbs etc) while you have something you KNOW is broken
(lifters shouldn't be clacky, and you should have good oil flow at the
head end of the pushrods).

Les
corvair at mts.net

Message: 2