<VV> "Taste of the Track"

Vairtec at optonline.net Vairtec at optonline.net
Sun Jul 16 22:56:32 EDT 2006

Running out of time with which to get my '64 racer together for the Mosport
track event, this week I made the decision to take my stone-stock 1966 500
coupe to the convention and to Oshawa.  At the track, instead of running
for top speed I'll use this car to lead the NECC's "Taste of the Track"
program.

"Taste of the Track" allows newbies and persons with ordinary street cars
like my '66 to dip their toes into the race track experience and get out
there, all for an enticing $29.00 fee instead of the full $190.00 fee.

"Taste of the Track" participants will have the an opportunity to get a
full view of the track driving experience. Myself and other members of the
NECC team will lead participants through all the facets of what the driver
does. No need to buy helmets and belts. All that's needed is the desire to
have an interesting and fun filled day. Participants will also learn the
behind-the-scenes activities involved in running a track event, enjoying a
close-up insiders' view from corner stations, the start-finish line, and
the timing and scoring tower.

But the best part will be the opportunity to experience the track as a
driver. We'll provide the needed safety equipment and send the participants
out on the track with their own cars.  Under controlled conditions they'll
be able to experience the thrill of cornering and the exhilaration of the
straightaways. Time permitting, it may even be possible to get a full-speed
ride-along with one of our qualified drivers.

We have no limit on the number of persons who may participate, so join us
and get a Taste of the Track. (All participants must either be eighteen
years old or sixteen with written parent/guardian permission.).  "Taste of
the Track" is open to all street-legal passenger cars.  If you're
interested you can sign up on-site.

I am greatly looking forward to the Corvair Show in Oshawa next Sunday, the
Mosport track event next Monday, and the Convention beginning next
Tuesday.  See you there!

--Bob

Robert W. Marlow
Vairtec at optonline.net