<VV> Carb issues

Norman C. Witte ncwitte at wittelaw.com
Mon Jul 17 12:27:14 EDT 2006

> You're running way too rich.......BTDT
>
> Matt Nall

Matt, interesting thought, since this problem came about after I put new
jets in the carbs.  It has been so long since I did it that I am not sure
what jets are there.  I thought it was 54 for the primaries and 49 for the
secondaries, but that's mostly conjecture at this point.

Also take a look at Seth's comment and my response below:

----

From: Sethracer at aol.com [mailto:Sethracer at aol.com]
Of course, Talk to Ken first and get his opinion. I would check to see if
plug wires are all tight on the plugs. You didn't mention exactly what work
Ken did for you. 90% of the time, a missfire, along with unburnt gas smell
is ignition related. Is the car using accelerator pumps only on the
primaries? (Not on the secondaries) - Seth

My response:

That's good advice.  I was going to check plug wires.  I have put about
8,000 miles on the car since the rebuild, and figure that I've done perhaps
2,000 since the choke pulloff issue.  Is it possible that running rich on
the right side fouled a plug?  Would driving the car home about 100 miles
last night on the freeway have cleared that problem?

I don't think there are accelerator pumps in the secondaries.  Ken put in a
bolted flywheel.  This problem predates his work on the car, but I thought
it was related to the smoke issue, so I didn't ask him to deal with it
separately.

Norm