<VV> update: removing fiberglass from steel

Ray Rodriguez reray at echoes.net
Mon Jul 17 14:33:14 EDT 2006

     Thanks to all who offered ideas and advice.  The fiberglass has pretty much all been removed from the car.  I wound up grinding and prying the fiberglass off, and not using the stripper or any chemicals at all.

     I managed to preserve the fitch roof intact.  It will need some very minor fiberglass repairs, and I (or someone else) still need to remove a lot of the extra fiberglass that was added onto it to blend it into the body before it is ready to use.

     I live in Lake Ariel, PA.  If anyone would like to buy this fitch roof (not an original to my knowledge, and it does not have "sprint" emblems) from me I will be happy to sell it for whatever you consider a good bargain.  I would have no idea how to package or ship this so you would have to pick it up.

Ray Rodriguez
CORSA
65 Corsa 140/4