<VV> Re-upholstering

Ron ronh at owt.com
Mon Jul 17 14:38:55 EDT 2006

I am presently starting to reupholster the rear seat in a wagon with some upholstery from Clark's.  No instructions came with the seat covers and I was wondering what I need to know.  I'm only working on the seat back right now.

Such as:

1.  Can ordinary Swingline staples be used to staple the seat back cover to the back instead of those little staples the factory used?

2.  How is the cover pulled tight and held while stapling it to the staple strips?

3.  Will any vinyl need to be trimmed off or is it the exact right size?

4.  Anything else?

Thanks for any info -
RonH
Working on '62 wagon