<VV> re: removing stainless rain-gutter trim? winshield trim?

mopar at jbcs2.net mopar at jbcs2.net
Mon Jul 17 15:06:10 EDT 2006

From: "Ray Rodriguez" <reray at echoes.net>
Subject: <VV> removing stainless rain-gutter trim? winshield trim?
To: <virtualvairs at corvair.org>
     I'm removing all the emblems/trim etc. from the Corsa to start getting
it ready for the body shop.  How do I remove the stainless trim along the
raingutters without damaging it?  I took it off my Chevelle once, but it
was a long time ago and I don't remember.

     Also advice on removing windshield/back window stainless trim would be
appreciated.

     The "corsa" emblems on the quarter panels (the ones ahead of the
wheel) i'm guessing I can get to by removing the interior trim panels from
behind the doors... if there is a different way please let me know.

Ray Rodriguez
CORSA
65 Corsa 140/4

For removing the roof trim, I use an old bottle opener with the rounded end
wrapped in masking tape.........had good luck doing it that way.
Most auto parts stores sell a special tool for removing the windshield
trim, it is fairly inexpensive and a lot better than breaking a window. It
has a handle and a flat piece of metal and a "hook". You have to fish
between the glass and the trim to release the clips holding the trim in
place.

Good luck

Gary Swiatowy