<VV> Corvair-powered Westy Update

Bill Elliott corvair at fnader.com
Mon Jul 17 23:10:09 EDT 2006

Scott AFB near St Louis. About 1100 miles total.... mileage is ranging
17 (70mph and/or hilly country) to 22mpg... much better than the
mid-teens at 50-55 of a stock Westy. Oil usage under 1 quart so far, but
they might have to add a quarter tomorrow. Zero problems despite 100
degree heat... they are thankful I forced rooftop AC on them....

Rough route so far...
http://maps.yahoo.com/beta/#mvt=m&maxp=location&q5=st%20louis,%20mo&q4=knoxville,%20tn&q3=cherokee,%20nc&q2=boone,%20nc&q1=frederick,%20MD&trf=0&lon=-83.814697&lat=37.448697&mag=12

http://fnader.com/TRIP.htm  (hopefully some new pix tomorrow)

Thanks for all the encouragement!