<VV> RE: VV> Re-upholstering

Dan & Synde dsjkling at sbcglobal.net
Tue Jul 18 00:19:27 EDT 2006

Hi Ron,

I think the folding seat back is very similar if not the same as the folding
seat offered for the 2 and 4 door models.  As I remember, I had to trim it
and pull it taut.  Only slightly though.  I approached it similar to the way
I learned to do regular upholstery, start with the center of each side, tack
it down and then move toward the outer corners evenly. Do a little on each
side until you meet at the corners.  You could probably get by with using
just plain old light duty staples because trim goes over the top of it.  The
sharp edge of the trim holds it on well.  I think I used heavy duty staples
but it was really overkill.

Hope that helps you a bit,

Dan Kling

1961 Greenbrier Deluxe, 4spd, 3.89  On the Road Again,  yeehaw :)
1963 Spyder, restored   4spd Saginaw
1967 Ultravan #299  Newest of the herd!! Almost killed me already!!

http://photos.yahoo.com/duchesskyra
A few pictures of the Greenbrier, UltraVan, engine and tranny tear down with
more to come!

Ron said:

>No instructions came with the seat covers and I was wondering what I need
to know.  I'm only
>working on the seat back right now.
>
>Such as:
>1.  Can ordinary Swingline staples be used to staple the seat back cover to
the back instead of >those little staples the factory used?