<VV> FC Engines - Harmonic Balancer or not?

Bill Elliott corvair at fnader.com
Wed Jul 19 08:53:40 EDT 2006

I'm with Ken here... while balancers may eventually fail due to age,
quality rebuilds and new balancers are readily available. Has anyone had
a Dale or one of the new Clarks balancers ever fail? I agree that taking
a road trip with a 40 year balancer might be pushing your luck, but
possibly not as much as taking that same high speed road trip with a
solid pulley on a 164cid engine...

Bill