<VV> Corsa update IV - running lean, float adjustment or jet change?

Duane, Jim (US SSA) Jim.Duane at it.BAESystems.com
Fri Jul 21 14:46:10 EDT 2006

Hi Guus.

	The factory float level (or even the float level recommended by
Clarks
http://www.corvair.com/user-cgi/catalog.cgi?function=goto&catalog=SPECIA
LTY&section=TECH&page=TECH-17 ) seems to work and IMHO is most likely
not your problem.  The most sensitive part of the Carter is it's
"enrichment" system.  Tne needle is tapered and will rise and fall in
the seat depending on vacuum and throttle position.
	In any case, including changing the needle/seat, you have to
take the top off the bowl anyway.  It can be esaily done with the carb
on the car.  With the SafeGuard, you are in a great position to
experement!

Let us know how you make out.

Jim Duane
'66 180 Corsa CVT