<VV> Finding close restaurants to the host hotel

Larry Forman larry at forman.net
Mon Jul 24 18:47:28 EDT 2006

Hi,
I just figured out a slick way to find restaurants close to the host hotel here in Buffalo, or anywhere, since we are on foot here.

I went to Yahoo's Yellow pages using the host hotel's fast connection and typed in the host hotel's address as the reference location for Yahoo's Yellow Pages.  Then asked for restaurants, or it could be any other business, and up popped a TON of restaurants sorted alphabetically and by distance from the hotel.  If you select a letter, it will provide by distance restaurants with the first letter in it's name.  If you want to find all the restaurants listed in order by distance, just select ALL and up they come.  There are also clickable links for maps.  One warning is to call and double check the address is correct, since one restaurant had a different address listed on the web versus other directories.  When I called to check the correct address, I found that the Yahoo web site had the corporate office and not the restaurant listed.  So double check before setting out.

See you in Buffalo,

Larry