<VV> EM vs LM Manual Bellhousing Differences

Frank DuVal corvairduval at cox.net
Tue Jul 25 01:05:39 EDT 2006

 From a message a while back I copied this.

Frank DuVal

The 164 cid engine had the front crank seal moved 0.070 inches to the
rear, which relocated the position of the seal on the hub.

Bell housings are identified by the cast-in numbers per the following
table. the dollar sized imprint is on the EM housings.

                                        MT                            PG

1960-63                    6256583                   6255599

1964-69                    3832176                   3832517

Late model FLYWHEELS have the stepped surface. LM pressure plates have
the bent-fingers.