<VV> Shuffle off to Buffalo

FrankCB at aol.com FrankCB at aol.com
Mon Jul 24 22:41:59 EDT 2006

Bill,
    That's why IMnot soHO, EVERY Corvair needs a temp  gauge.  My Stewart
Warner Corvair CHT gauge has been moved from one Corvair  to another.  It's use
has enabled me to drive home 7 miles with a  completely separated harmonic
balancer (no functioning fanbelt) by stopping and  cooling off the engine when the
temp got above 450 deg.F. which occurred about  every 1-1/2 mile.  Another
time we drove home from a local autocross on  only 3 cylinders (one of the 2
carbs was completely blocked so 3 cylinders ran  on an infinitely high A/F
ratio<GGG>)  Without a temp gauge these  trips would have resulted in a ruined
engine.
    Frank "temp gauges for ALL Corvairs" Burkhard

In a message dated 7/24/2006 8:54:45 PM Eastern Standard Time,