<VV> One of those days

Chris C, Warwick RI ricorvair at cox.net
Thu Jul 27 17:07:38 EDT 2006

Ever have one of those days.  Cars running fine.

Work was busy as any 3 days during our busy season.  Had the 63 with me so
my intern could wash it before I go cruisin.

Went to leave, motor spins, but does not start.  Carbs squirt nicely, have
an oxygen filled environment.  Take the caddy home, come back the next day
with tools.  Check the dwell, registers 0, volts are fine.  Pull cap, check
points (open points and close them to see if I see or hear a spark,
nothing).  But I get a nice arc from my screw driver.  Remove the corrosion
from the points, and now I get a nice spark.

Put it back together.  Turn her over and away she goes.

Washing down the engine bay has never done that before.