<VV> Tim's Buffalo Report

Gary Swiatowy mopar at jbcs2.net
Sat Jul 29 05:57:00 EDT 2006

> From: Tim Verthein <minoxphotographer at yahoo.com>
> Subject: <VV> Tim's Buffalo Report
> Happiness is Buffalo in your rearview mirror......
<snip>

  Now, of course we don't know
> why/how that facility got chosen, but considering what they had to work
> with the club seemed to do OK >
 Tim in Merrillville
> (yesk, that's MERRILLVILLE)

One thing I can point out as to "why" this location was chosen as I was
involved early on.........
There were only Four "suitable" locations period in the Buffalo/Niagara
area.
The Adam's Mark
The Radisson across the road for the airport, we used it for a Four Clubs
event, it was very bad, and is now closed and right now the road there is
undergoing hideous and lengthy construction.
The Sheraton Four points, has actually less parking than the Adams Mark, and
even worse traffic..
And the Buffalo Marriot which was the best choice but room rates were locked
at $144 per night unless we could have the convention between September and
May, and then they would be $114..............

The Adam's Mark was the winner, by default, next nearest location would have
been in Batavia which is 30 miles to the east, but pretty much a 45 minute
drive to the falls, and has no tourist attractions nearby.

Sometimes you have to play the hand you are delt...........

Gary Swiatowy