<VV> Buffalo Comments

Gary Swiatowy mopar at jbcs2.net
Sun Jul 30 09:25:29 EDT 2006

Banquet:
Well the steak was outstanding!
Heard the Chicken Florentine was good too, certainly looked good.
I was releived to find out the dinner wasn't meatloaf and chicken wings
<GGGG>.
Note when advertised as "Beef or Chicken" for choice, that would certainly
qualify...............I've alway's wondered why the precise dinner choice is
not nailed down and advertised before the event? Beef or Chicken leaves a
lot open to interpretation..........and maybe some people do not like
spinach so would not like chicken florentine...............

Awards were long as usual..................but they always are, they did try
and speed things up the best they could!

Several cars were boosted up to Senior Status! Always a good thing.

Dennis Dorogi's Rampside scored a 98.01 for the first time shown, photo's of
his truck have been posted before, but here's the link anyways.
http://community.webshots.com/user/swi66

His Rampside Racer scored a 30 out of 30 points in model car, but was out of
the running for Valve cover races soon.

I heard there was 300 people in attendance for the welcome party, and valve
cover race........must be a new record?

As far as records.................I have no "official"
documentation.........But! possibly record attendance, they did run out of
dash plaques and they had 500 of them. And most likely more trailers than
ever before...........they expected 25-30, and I heard there was anywhere
from 50-70..........did put a crimp in the trailer parking area.

Imagine my suprise when I took first in my division(low horse/auto) of
economy run? I thought I did poorly by my calculations, I think I looked at
the cummulative gallons and didn't see where they started from. I had been
fighting carburetor demons all weekend, and the night before played around
again, pumped the tires up hard, emptied the car and went through the
distributor and timing..........maybe just dumb luck and a lot of coasting.
The directions included a mile check so you could see where you
were..................all of a sudden my odometer started clicking and stuck
at 59, 599.9 for about 10 miles and started "working" again, but with a
flutter on the needle...............
Eric Holz did the econo run solo in his early stick convertible and took a
second, he doesn't know this yet unless he is reading this!
For official results the communique will have them soon..............some
cars got over 45mpg!

maybe more later as I think of it!

Gary Swiatowy