<VV> Buffalo Responds

Andy Clark slowboat at mindspring.com
Sun Jul 30 21:03:35 EDT 2006

Jeff, I didn't go to Buffalo, so I have no first-hand knowledge of what did
and didn't go well at the convention. I am, however,  surprised at the very
negative comments recently posted. People seem to forget that those who
organize and put on a convention are volunteers. I remember well what we
went through in putting on the Seattle convention in 1983 (jeepers, was it
really that long ago?). Yes, these are volunteers, many of whom have
full-time commitments (job, family, etc.) outside the Corsa environment.
They are not professionals, and glitches can be expected. I was at the
Portland Ore. convention and thoroughly enjoyed it, even though not all went
as planned or hoped-for. I could complain about the lack of weather control
(95deg-ugh!), but will refrain from doing so :-).
Please, folks, go easy on those who dedicate a great deal of their lives to
providing the opportunity for some of us to get together with a large part
of the Corvair community to which we belong. Nothing in life is perfect, nor
should we expect it to be. If we're not careful, people will not volunteer
to take on this enormous task for fear of mean-spirited criticism. Then
where will we be.
Andy Clark
1966 140/4 Monza Sedan
1966 140/4 Yenko Clone