<VV> How high is enough ?

Padgett pp2 at 6007.us
Mon Jul 31 15:35:02 EDT 2006

When dropping a Corvair drivetrain onto a carrier, how far do you have to
lower the engine to clear the rear valence ? (Assume the carbs and carb
studs have been removed).

The reason I ask is that I just bought a transmission adapter for my
hydraulic jack which I thought would be better than an ATV lift because it
can adjust for tilt but the lowest the assembled unit can go is 12" off the
ground. Consequently am wondering how high the car would need to be raised
to use this unit.

Just eyeballing indicated that if the alternator is not removed, the
drivetrain must drop about 15" to clear the valence. Does this sound right ?

Padgett