<VV> How high is enough ?

J R Read_HML hmlinc at sbcglobal.net
Mon Jul 31 18:06:26 EDT 2006

I just use a floor jack with a large (4 inch?) cup and length of 2X6.  I
typically put the front jack stands about mid to 2/3 range and the back ones
full up.  I've never measured the height of the rear off the ground - but I
do not remove the carb studs and still have room to pull the engine out.
Best guess - probably 2 1/2 to 3 feet from the floor to the bottom edge of
the cutout where the rear air grill has been removed.  If you find that you
have run out of room, you can lower the front a bit.

Later, JR