<VV> Buffalo results/comments

corvairs lonwall at corvairunderground.com
Mon Jul 31 19:14:17 EDT 2006

     Gary and all - Of course I was not there. Heard complaints about
the location, the hotel and even the fact that there was no security for
the inndor vendors (A huge fear always for us - and others).  Because
it's difficult sometimes to differentiate between someone who throws a
giant tantrum because the salad fork was in the wrong place at the
banquet and someone who got a room filled with rats, I'll just leave
this comment -
      I do not know of a single club that intentionally did a bad job
with a convention. Many of the problems are beyond thier control and
it's not the least uncommon  for hotels and others in the so-called
"hospitality" industries (never has a profession been to badly
mis-named) to unceremoniuosly yank the rug out from under the poor
unsuspecting host club at the last minute. I've seen it more often than not.
      Let me tell you, that as someone who was unable to attend, and has
heard all the negativity, I would  come to Buffalo if I had the chance.
Talked with good friend Tim Scwartz yesterday and he summed it excactly
- "Yeah there were problems, but it was great to see all my friends and
have Corvair fun".

       Now so far as legitimate complaints, we directors need to hear
about them Not to tarnish the event, but rather to guide us in preparing
for future conventions. We are always glad to hear from you. Lon Wall
Western Director