<VV> RE: Corvair Wings & Wheels Fly-In

LonzoVair at aol.com LonzoVair at aol.com
Thu Jun 1 08:59:05 EDT 2006

Hey guys,
I just got this, figured I'd pass the word. Contact this guy, not me, as I
won't be able to make it due to other plans already.
Take care,
Lonzo

Hello,

I am writing to you either because you posted positive  comments regarding
the upcoming "Wings & Wheels Fly-In" on the  "VirtualVairs" list, I found
your name as a local club contact person, or you  recently e-mailed me
asking for directions to the Fly-In or other  information.

The Fly-In is this weekend (June 2-3-4) at Barber airport,  about 3 miles
north of Alliance, Ohio on Ohio Rt. 225.

Barber airport  is an extremely friendly, grass field / "grass roots"
airport that is easily  accessible & no chain-link fence anywhere!

We hope to have a good  turnout of CORSA folk, especially given the
advertisement in the CORSA  Communique.

I am asking that you all distribute the following information  by any means
you see fit, including posting to the VirtualVairs list or  e-mail to your
club members:

DIRECTIONS:

Normally, the easiest  way to drive to the airport is to come into Alliance
via US62 and then go  north on OH225 about 3 miles.

HOWEVER, OH225 is closed due to a bridge  outage.  There is a 'backstreet'
detour around the bridge that we will  mark with signs, but we can't assure
that those signs will be highly  visible.

So, the best alternate route to Barber airport, FROM ANY POINT  IN THE
COUNTRY, is as follows:

By whatever route you choose, you want  to make your way to the Rootstown -
OH Rt. 44 exit on Interstate 76. This is  approximately 15 miles east of the
Akron, OH city line on I-76.

Go  South on OH44 approximately 5 miles & turn East (left) onto US224.

Go  about 10 miles east on US224 until you come to OH225.

Turn south (right)  onto OH225.

Barber field is about 4-5 miles south on the left side of the  road.

There will be general parking, as well as show car parking if you  want to
show off your vehicle.

Sorry I did not get this out sooner,  I've been tied up with buying a farm
for the past 2 weeks.

THANK YOU  for your help.

Kip Gardner, Fly-In co-coordinator

Kip  Gardner