Fwd: <VV> Lakewood Question

HallGrenn at aol.com HallGrenn at aol.com
Thu Jun 1 16:55:12 EDT 2006

In a message dated 6/1/2006 3:42:39 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
RoboMan91324 at aol.com writes:

> the
> Lakewood was based on a Pontiac station wagon.  I thought that the Corvairs
> were
> unique to themselves.

Doc,  The Corvair station wagon shared the roof, door window frames and a lot
of the rear hatch with the '61-'63 BOP station wagons.  The windsheild may
have been the same too.  I'm waiting for a show when a Corvair wagon and a BOP
wagen are available to have their photos taken together so see just how much
they were alike.  The Tempest wagon may have been the most similar, but I don't
know for sure.  We know they shared transaxles.

Bob Hall
Group Corvair
'64 Brier
'65 Corsa