<VV> carb issues

Rich Elwell richelwell at gmail.com
Thu Jun 1 19:27:06 EDT 2006

Greetings,

You guys might remember me from a post not too long ago detailing how I was
ready to sell my car (65 Corsa 140/4).  Well, that was still the plan until
I recently went to a car show and got a bit of the old car bug back, so for
now, I want to get the car running smoothly and then get paint and body work
quote before I decide what I want to do.

My question is carb related.  I rebuilt the carbs, but apparently I don't
know what I am doing.  The right carb seems to operate properly, but the
left carb doesn't shoot gas out when pumping the accelerator.  I think it is
a problem with the accelerator pump.  What is a likely culprit?  Is it
possible or likely that I did did not assemble it correctly?  Is it possible
that some of the passageways in the carb are blocked?  What is the best way
to clear them?

I'm probably going to tear the left carb apart again this weekend, and am
hoping to have some idea what to look at.

Thanks in advance,
Rich